MAY Ride out 14/5/17

MAY Ride out 14/5/17

Postby mw3230 » Thu 11 May, 2017 5:16 pm

I've posted the routes on the NAM Members Facebook page. I appreciate that isn't much use to non-Facebook users but I've also asked for them to be added to the website.

If anyone would like to receive the gpx routes (outward and return) by email then please contact me - secretary@nam-online.org and I'll send them by return

Michael

UPDATE 12/5 - Routes for both Garmin and TomTom are now available on the website, here - http://www.nam-online.org

General Info -

We leave Seaton Burn towards Ponteland via the Berwick Hill Road and head for the Military Road turning left just after The Vallum Farmshop to join the A68 at Styford.
A68 all the way to the A68 Cafe (just south of Witton le Wear) for a coffee stop.

Leave the cafe and retrace our route for a few hundred yards back down the hill before turning left (signposted Hamsterley) across country towards Middleton in Teasdale passing Egglestone Hall. Cross country again to Brough, Kirkby Stephen (fuel stop but it's expensive so don't buy unless you're desperate) and on to Orton for the lunch stop.

There are two cafes in Orton (Orton Scar Cafe and The Chocolate Factory) plus a pub

From Orton we take back roads to Appleby then Melmerby, joining the A686 towards Alston and climbing Hartside Pass (optional coffee stop at Hartside Cafe). Head for Alston - fuel stop and refreshments/toilets at the petrol station.

Leave Alston towards Hexham passing through Whitfield to join the A69 at Haydon Bridge then heading east to the finish at Brockbushes
Around 180 miles
Michael Wilkinson
Group Secretary
R1200GS Adventure

Remember to use EasyFundraising.org.uk
mw3230

Return to Ride Outs